..my head..churns out lines..that sometimes seem to rhyme..bit by bit they fit..to be a complete misfit..to me its my freedom...a revolution..my mental evolution...

Thank You Grandpa  

One month has passed,
how time flies!

Nothing has changed,
between you and I.

But when I go down,
theres no smiling face.

There is no love,
nor a warm embrace.

No cups of tea,
no questions or repetition.

No proud recital,
of certificates long gone.

No watches wound,
since your gone.

I cherish every moment,
I spent with thee.

Songs you sang,
the french you taught me.

Thank you Grandpa,
for what you did for me.

My Grand father passed away a month ago, November 17th 2008, he had Alzhimers and Prostrate Cancer, he lived for 30 years on a single kidney. The most important lesson he taught me was, to smile. He smiled till he breathed his last.

0 comments:

Post a Comment